Summary: Position to help support sales representatives, office administration, management, and production. Support activities include, but not limited to, ISO 9001 maintenance, data entry, customer service, inventory maintenance, and other company related projects.
- Maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers responding to needs.
- Support Sales team and office by entering orders, contacting customers, and helping generate other documents for our customers.
- Reviews trends and historical data of customer sales and products.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services. Keeps management informed of sales efforts by submitting regular activity reports.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Assists in the development of annual marketing strategies including generation of marketing literature and product promotions.
- Maintains all customer information in SAGE CRM (customer contact software).
- Helps support the office and its ISO requirements and maintenance.
- Performs costing of orders and helps maintain inventory.
- Contributes to team effort as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers; understanding their business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both written and oral methods such as email, phone calls, trade shows, etc.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Background in working with manufacturing companies.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Impeccable business etiquette.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt and respond to changing business needs.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and the Internet.
- Attentive to detail.
- Sage/MAS, Act, Constant Contact or any other ERP software is desired.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience including management skills.
1-3+ years of customer service experience and knowledge of manufacturing and/or non-ferrous metals is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand: walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time non-exempt position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:000pm (1/2 hour for lunch)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
- $1000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Comet Metals Inc. specializes in stocking, sheeting, and slitting various forms of Aluminum Foil, Copper Foil, and Stainless Steel Foil. We also convert a variety of specialty metals such as Brass, Phosphor Bronze, Nickel, and Monel, just to name a few.