Summary – Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/ or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products. Personally contact and secures new customers.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Tracks monthly/annual sales figures. Reviews trends and historical data of customer sales and products.
- Develops an annual business plan in conjunction with Managing Director, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, focusing on meeting or exceeding sales quota. Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services. Keeps management informed of sales efforts by submitting regular activity reports.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas. Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Assists in the development of annual marketing strategies including generation of marketing literature and product promotions.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Maintains all customer information in ACT software (customer contact software).
- Contributes to team effort as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers; understanding their business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both written and oral methods such as email, phone calls, trade shows, etc.
- Ability to make consistently good scheduling decisions about visiting customers throughout the territory. Make efficient use of time and resources.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Background in working with manufacturing companies.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Impeccable business etiquette.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt and respond to changing business needs.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Sage/MAS, Act, Constant Contact or any other ERP software is desired.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience including management skills.
Job training and experience-1-3 years of sales experience (knowledge of non-ferrous metals preferred).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand: walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time non-exempt position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pm with ½ hour for lunch.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
- $1000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Comet Metals Inc. specializes in stocking, sheeting, and slitting various forms of Aluminum Foil, Copper Foil, and Stainless Steel Foil. We also convert a variety of specialty metals such as Brass, Phosphor Bronze, Nickel, and Monel, just to name a few.